Monday, September 13, 2010

Extreme Corsetry

Sooo . . . back at college for two weeks, then holidays again :)

Project ball gown has been over thrown for

P R O J E C T   C O R S E T R Y
which consists of making up 2 mocks, a corset (over the next weekish) and an under-corset used to base our
D R A P E D  G O W N
on . . . very excited, have amazing ideas already :) and found my fabric :)

Dita von Teese, doing Japan in an under corseted gown

beautiful Goth corset . . .

another amazing dress



This is the sex right here

Yeah, this is real . . .
V e r y  I m p o r t a n t . . .


C O R S E T - is NOT pronounced core-SET, it is pronounced
CORE-sit - [kawr-sit]
Please don't air your ignorance. Plus it annoys me.
–noun
1. Sometimes, corsets. a close-fitting undergarment, stiffened with whalebone or similar material and often capable of being tightened by lacing, enclosing the trunk: worn, esp. by women, to shape and support the body; stays.
–verb (used with object)
2. to dress or furnish with or as if with a corset.
3. to regulate strictly; constrict.
Origin:
1225–75; ME < AF, OF, equiv. to cors  bodice, body +
-et -et



cor·set·less, adjective
un·cor·set·ed, adjective
well-cor·set·ed, adjective



I have heard of corsetry, but some of the things I have found on my search . . . wow, they are ridiculous. Real fetishes! But this one isn't just about looking sexy and feminine, it's dangerous and in some extreme extreme cases, life threatening.
this is a diagram of what the corset does to the body, it is known as the S-Bend shape. This was very popular during the Regency period, as well as a few other era's in history such as the Roccoco, Edwardian and Elizabethian eras.





Then some are just ridiculous. Unbelievable really . . .

Cathie Jung

This woman, Cathie Jung, has the smallest recorded waist in history. She says corsetry is her life, and that she wears a corset 24 hours a day.

And yes, Oh my . . . men do it too. . . which looks completely ridiculous.

My very worst . . . this must be one of the most revolting things I've ever seen, close to that of those Sky hook things and the surface implant things . . .  They are called corset piercings. Yuck.


 

This is a beautiful picture, Japanese women seem to be catching on to this horrific trend

Though I haven't done full research on this yet, I will post my essay and research when I have, I have found this interesting. How people alter their bodies, permanently, for vanity mainly - though they say it's for their feminine being.

these pictures are googled, but unrefrenced.


P.S. read, follow, comment, enjoy :)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comments!
    And thanks for these interesting article, too!
    I did know, what corsetry does with a body, but I didn't know about the corset piercings :S such a strange thing!
    <3 annka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow strange is soo... right! But I have it done and it hurt like hell! Piercings are myh life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found this very interesting. especially the part about the squishy guts. kind of scares me because i want to wear corsets more. Thank you for the proper prononciation. and i agree with anonymous about peircings being my life. but i dont think i would get that piercing done. it just seems like alot of work and i plan to get tattoos on my back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never knew about this, I always wanted to wear one to I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I never knew about this, I always wanted to wear one to I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool, jk its kinda gross

    ReplyDelete
  7. The piercings are usually made just for a short period of time (e.g. a photoshoot - sometimes the redness around the pierced tissue is edited out) and removed afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today, I went to the beach front with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


    Review my web page ... what should i weigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea ladies do this to themselves; this amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If he'sgay or bisexual, he could cheat on you by having affairs with men.
    To get out from the Minus World, either lose all of one's lives or reset your Nintendo.
    Instead of spending your gold coins on more decorations per tank, simply
    move the decorations between tanks while using inventory
    tool.

    my webpage :: cheating application ()

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Friends, we are manufacturing and We are dealing in the below Corsets we can produce any design of Corset as per Customer demand

    1> Corset
    2> Pvc Corset
    3> Cotton Corset
    4> Satin Corset
    5> Leather Corset

    If you need and Inquiry send me mail.
    pamroc.international@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

commenting is sharing the love ♥